Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Yard Sale

Yard Sale find!  Notice that big cone of black wool, I paid $5.00 for it!
Gail, I love using a flower frog to hold your card.  I have a couple of them that I use for pictures, wish I had more of them.  I went to a yard sale yesterday because they advertised "designer yarns."  I saw some of the yarns in the hand of a women ahead of me so I was worried that I was too late, however I did get some sock yarn, 2 skeins of silk, a cone of some type of unknown fiber and a really large cone of wool.  I think the wool will look good with the rug I am planning with the red and black wool I already have in my stash.  I thought I wouldn't have enough black but this cone will make a big difference, I think I will use it for the weft.  I am planning to get a heavy rug loom in September, I am looking forward to making some rag rugs with all the fabric I have in my sewing room.  On the loom now, I am continuing to thread my heddles, 1-3-1-4-2-3-2-4, 38 times for my napkins, hope they are not too heavy,they may be wash cloths.  Almost done, hope to be weaving this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment