Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday

It is hot.  People say that at least it is a dry heat.  But you know it is still hot.  Four days a week my husband and I take care of your grandsons, one is 7 and the other is 4.  During the school year we only have the youngest and  this year he will be in preschool 3 days a week for 3 hours.  Of course we also have their dog too.  Today we went to Kid's Castle, it is a play area that is inside.  It was packed.  Everyone would rather pay the money for Kid's Castle than stay home with kids having nothing to do, I did mentioned it was hot outside.  So that took up an hour of time.  We tried to keep them busy this summer, swimming lessons, vacation bible school and an art class but we don't have anything more on the schedule.  I am going to have to get some art going at my house.  I think tomorrow we will make a stepping stone for my garden, with their hand prints, I have a kit for it.  I have been trying to warp this little counterbalanced loom.  I bought it online, looking only at the pictures and I knew better.  I should have looked and now we have replaced several pieces and I am still not sure it I will be able to use it.  I saw an ad for a 2 harness rug loom that is very close to us, but my husband says I can't buy all of them.  Why can't I?


My husband made some hummus, I don't care for  hummus, but he likes it. 

Dog days of summer

No comments:

Post a Comment