Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Is this the beginning of fall?

It is nippy this morning and is suppose to be cooler for a couple of days...I love it!...but we do still need warm weather to complete some crops......my fall raspberries are still little green nubbins and will need at least 2 weeks to harvest.   But it is time to do some end-of-the-year sauce for the freezer.  My daughter and I gather tomatoes, onions, peppers, basil, thyme from the garden and create the most tasty sauce that can be used on pasta, in soups or beans for winter.   Because we use so many veggies in it, we put it in the freezer and it is so welcomed in January.   So that will be the plan right after Labor Day.   Today I am going to my friend's house to receive some gifts from her garden, lovely lillies, iris and she says other things as well....this will make mine be nicer next spring.  Next up might be the harvest of squash...many of them...too many I suspect for us, so I will be helping the food banks this year.  If you have excess, please donate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment