Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lunch and Stuff

We all went out to eat lunch yesterday and we visited a thrift shop.  I forgot to take pictures of what we ordered, I was too busy eating but I did take a picture of the restaurant.  It is located next to the railroad tracks and the backs of the buildings are train cars.  We walked along the boardwalk but many of the stores were closed.  We did stop at one gift shop and of course the cupcake shop.  We discovered that the cupcake shop also sells lunch, we will have to make another trip.  I think we should start going to more local restaurants, like we did yesterday.  Today my husband spent the day making dog biscuits, here is his recipe: 3 1/2 c. whole wheat flour, 1 c. white flour, 1 c. corn mill, 1 c dry milk, 1 1/4 c. broth 1c. each of carrots and green beans or 16 oz of frozen chard-drain the juice off vegetables, 1/8 c. oil, 1 t. baking powder.  Blend carrots and green beans into broth.  Mix dry ingredients together then add broth mixture and kneed together.  When dough is ready divide it into 3 pieces.  Roll each chunk of dough into a worm shape and cut off 1/4 inch pieces and put on cookie sheet. Bake on a lightly greased sheet at 300 degrees for 60 minutes.  Check to make sure that they don't burn.  After cooking turn off oven and let them cool off in a closed oven. Air dry till hard.  Our dogs love them.  Our old dog just can't take the ones from the store, bothers her tummy.  Actual it probably doesn't bother her as much as the ones who have to pick up her poo.
Where we ate lunch, a local restaurant.

In this one you can see the back of the building,
the train car.

These are dog biscuits, not what we had at the restaurant.

Giant Reif Red Heart tomato

Another shot of the big guy.
My husband also went out and took a picture of his giant tomato he is growing.  It is from a heirloom tomato called Reif Red Heart.  I got my loom back on track and have woven one more napkin, without a problem.  When I got up this morning my husband was weaving!  He had my little counterbalanced loom up and running and he wove about 12 inches.  I told my neighbor that he was weaving and she thought I said weeding.  She was as surprised as I was.  I am hoping that he will want to weave during the winter, when he can't work his garden.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment