Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Friday, September 30, 2011

New warp started

I finally got a new warp on the Gilmore. It was the easiest warp that I have ever put on. Warping just isn't my strengh. But it looks good, I am not sure what it is going to be, it is about 19 1/2 inches in width and I just may be making some more napkins. We are making a basket to auction off at the luncheon at the end of October and I put in 2 dish towels, maybe I should put in a few napkins too. Even though it was the easiest warping I have done, I still had a couple of threading errors and a cross thread to repair, that is why it took me so long to get it finished.
In the garden my husband has been harvesting his beans, they are called "tongues of fire." I think he should wait a little while because some of them are not ready, I think he is impatient. He also has put some tomatoes away, wrapped in newsprint, we will see if that keeps them for a little while.


This draft is from "The Handweaver's Pattern Directory"by
Anne Dixon
Page76
It is a M and W threading over 22: 2/2 twill

One of these dogs is not like the other, one of these
dogs just doesn't belong
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment