Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Road Trip

 This is one of the historical buildings in Walla Walla. Walla Walla has a wonderful downtown area with many coffee shops and restaurants.
There are many shacks along the road with people selling onions.

The Hammett in pieces, out in our garage, soon she will be weaving.
Yesterday my husband and I went on a road trip. We went to Walla Walla, everyone should go to Walla Walla at least wonce or wice. Why go to Walla Walla? Many reasons: it is an historical town with many old buildings, it is where they grow Walla Walla sweet onions, it is home to Whitman college and the state penitenitary, and there are wineries all over the place. But we didn't go there for any of those things,although we did get a bag of onions, we went to get another loom. It is a 2 shaft Hammett rug loom. The owner said that it had been used in a convalescent home which I believe because the treadles had an extra piece added to make them wider. I can't find any info on a two shaft Hammett, all the ones on the net are four shafts, so if anyone has any info on them, let me know. It is now in pieces in our garage because it needs a few dowels glued in. It also came with a sectional beam, which I know nothing about. I have been trying to research how to use the sectional and how I could keep the loom continuously warped, so much to learn. Since I actually picked this loom up in a small town close to Walla Walla named Dixie, I am going to call this loom, Dixie. I think Dixie is a good name for a loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment