Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pot Heads

You might think I was talking about some marijuana smoking with the title of potheads but instead I am showcasing my garden girls. When we went to that sale across the street from Amy's the other day, I spotted two old teapots that were priced at 25 cents each, and saw them as faces when turned upside down. They have wire 'hair' and their hats are the tops from the teapots. I am part of a committee to create garden art for next year's Master Gardener plant sale and perhaps these girls would sell. I think they can be mounted on some bamboo stakes and put among the posies for instant smiles.
I am going to look for coffee pots which have a better 'nose'. These look a bit too much like an elephant, but still there are a lot of different noses out there. I have seen many in our own family that might qualify as 'different' Gail, I love that photo of the damsel fly and we should enjoy it as they do not live long to bring us pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment