Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September in the garden

Amy always points out all her mistakes in her beautiful weaving. Of course we can't see any of them and love it when she shares something with us.   I own a washcloth and dishcloth woven by her. Wonder if this orb spider makes mistakes and if so does she tell anyone?
Guess this little guy got a bit fuzzy when I tried to get him more close up and personal. It is the second frog I have seen lately, and I saw so few all summer. I have been out in the garden each and every day enjoying all this late fall weather because I know it will not last.   I love this time of the year with the colors that come with it. All those beautiful pumpkins getting so orange, and the leaves beginning to turn a bit. We are experiencing very hot weather for this late but I am embracing it in hopes that my late squash will be mature. Yesterday we made some wonderful tomato sauce for the freezer and it will be mighty tasty this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment