Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Weaving Again

I warped the Hammett for the first time and the only adjustment was in the treadles. I needed them to be tied up a little more to get a good shed. I tried weaving some more mug rugs for the luncheon in October. These mug rugs look like little rag rugs. I like the red one, it is a bias binding of Santa Claus that my sister gave me, you wouldn't know that it is really Santa. One weft is a wire ribbon that I cut the wire off and cut into narrower strips. The black and white one is fabric for recovering furniture. I have a lot of this type of fabric which is very heavy and I was unable to use it because of its weight, but the Hammett wove it just right. It would be nice to try a jean rug, since I now know it would take that weight of fabric. The solid blue one is ugly and I probably won't use it for the luncheon. I have also gathered all the materials to dye some yarn. I just need to warp some rayon blend that I have and try to paint it. The yarn is rayon, cotton and a linen blend. I would like to make some scarves with these warps. I think I am going to wait until it is a little cooler here before I dye anything, we have been setting records for this time of year. Diana, love the little girl teapots.
Little mug rugs-looking like rag rugs

Amy

My dyeing material


No comments:

Post a Comment