Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Different Rug Loom


This is what one end of the "loom" looks like, you take the
string and pull it out from the cones and tie it to the dowel
that is on the other end. Then you attach small pieces of
fabric onto the two pieces of string and when the loom is
full, you just bring out more yarn from the cones.


This is what it looks like when it is finished and rolled up.
I haven't sewed the knots together, I just rolled this up so
you can see what it looks like.


I know I shared that I got a new Hammett loom to make rugs but my husband made a very primitive rug loom. Actually I am not sure you can call it a loom. I have seem some advertized on E-bay that  are wood or sometimes metal. My husband made what will be a small cushion or maybe a front of a round pillow, after I sew it together. I have a cushion like this that was made by my great-grandmother, she died when I was one year old, so it is quite old. Of course she was raised to never throw away any scraps of fabric, so she  used every piece of fabric she had. This is a good way to use up those small pieces and it easy to use while watching tv in the evenings.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment