Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Treasure #3


It is hard to see the sample, but it is a huck weave.
Another treasure of mine is the book"A Handweaver's Pattern Book" by Marguerite Davison.  I bought this copy off of E-bay.  It is copyright 1975.  The reason I bought this copy, was that someone had written notes all the way through it and included extra papers, one titled "7 Projects in Rosepath."  After I got the book, one of the pages was a sample page with all the information included with the sample.  I love the history of the book.  I also love the history of old looms.  Once on E-bay someone was selling an old Bergman loom and on the information listed they said it was made in Wisconsin.  I waited a couple of days and then just couldn't stand it any longer and I e-mailed the seller to let him know that the Bergman loom was made in Washington, not Wisconsin.  I know it is a small matter but it was important to me, probably not to anyone else!

My husband just went down to the hardware store to get more paint for the living room.  We refinished our hardwood floors this summer and while our furniture was out of the room we thought we would paint the living room.  But first we thought we would remove the wallpaper in the dining room and paint there first.  That was a big mistake, took us 2 days to remove paper, so after painting dining room, we thought the living room didn't look that bad and we would just touch it up.   The paint the we used a few years ago was called, "fuzzy sheep."  I think it is right that a weaver should have a living room with fuzzy sheep paint.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment