Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mug Rugs

I belong to an organization that gives scholarships to women going into education.  Each year one group is the host for a luncheon.  This year is our turn.  I suggested that we could do a weaving theme and call it "Weaving Excellence with ADK".  So we are putting baskets on the table and weaving Swedish hearts with candy for favors.  I volunteered to make mug rugs for everyone.  So far I have about 50 finished.  They are made with rug warp.  For some of them I warped for 3 mug rugs and ran the shuttle across all three, then I cut them apart to have fringe around all four sides.  Then I zig-zagged around the edges.  I don't know how many more I will have to make but it is a good thing that the luncheon isn't until October.

2 comments:

  1. Mug rugs are great gifts! Our group wove them as items for the gift bags for the Southeast Fiber Forum last spring, and they were a big hit!!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I lived close to a weaving guild, the closest one is about 2 hours away.

    ReplyDelete