Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weaving

We are three sisters who enjoy doing a variety of things.  My favorite is weaving.  I have only been weaving for about 2 years.  I bought my first loom, a little Rasmussen table loom with a set up to make it into a floor loom.  I love the look of the loom, but have had trouble warping it.  I have always warped it from the back to the front because of the shape of the loom, but this continues to cause me problems.  My second loom is a 52 inch Gilmore.  It was probably made in the 1970's.  I can warp it from the front to the back with a great deal of success.  It continues to be my favorite loom, easy to use and I can put on large warps with it.  I also have a small Allen loom.  I had hoped to make rugs with this loom, since my jack loom doesn't do a tight weave, but it has required some repair, my husband replaced the beater bar and the dowels.  I have also ordered a new reed and I am waiting for it to be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment