Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

gleanings from the garden

love early mornings when it is just me, the dogs, and quiet and this morning I spent a lot of time in my garden, pulling weeds, deadheading blooms and harvesting.....my first cucumber today!....a little basket of beans, some potatoes and an onion.....then I picked 3 bundles of flowers to dry and a basket full of leaves, vines and blooms to press to dry.   I am teaching a class in September called, Gifts from the Garden and intend on making a wreath to give away, some cards with the pressed blooms and will go along with some homemade jam and showing how to save seeds for gifts.  I have been a member of Master Gardeners for several years and do love to teach.   We have a demonstration garden where I spend all my Tuesday mornings and that is the setting for our summer classes.   It is beautiful and we get good attendance....would love to think it is mine and others wonderful classes but sure part is that they are all free...I love free, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment