Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weaving and Gardening

This morning my husband harvested some of his green beans.  He planted a heirloom variety and they are big and taste great.  He spent part of his morning putting them in the freezer.  He also picked a small bowl of red raspberries.  On Mondays I volunteer at two different places, in the morning I am at an assisted living leading an exercise group and later I am at RSVP.  RSVP stands for Retired Seniors Volunteer Program, I do data entry for them.  Then this afternoon I spent some time weaving.  I am at the end of my warp for my dishtowels, so I thought I would weave some Christmas trees.  Yes, I know it is July.  This pattern is from weave-away.blogspot.com The pattern is in one of her old posts.  The only thing I did different was to not do the last two treadles.  I hope to make these into Christmas ornaments by cutting between every fourth or fifth tree.  I may even put a star on one tree in each set with fabric paint.  I was not sure about putting these trees on the blog since if I don't get them into ornaments, I am sure my sisters will let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment