Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weaving stuff

I received my new temple and it is working very well. I am just making a random rug of different types of blue fabric. I am trying to use up some fabric strips that I received from e-bay. I just finished paying for some more wool yarn on e-bay, hopefully I will be able to use it for some rugs. Today I also finished washing and ironing my last warp of napkins, they don't look too bad. I am thinking ahead to putting a scarf warp on the Gilmore. My husband has been doing some weaving, I have some towels that he made that I need to sew the edges and now he is thinking about doing a placemat warp on the 24 inch table loom.
On another note, we went to the Sons of Norway annual dinner on Saturday. It is the first time I have ever gone, even tho they have been doing it for 31 years. It is the first time I have ever tasted lutefisk. I really wasn't very impressed with it, not much flavor,  even after I smothered it with butter.
I am reading "Skeleton Lake" by Mike Doogan. It is a library book but I am enjoying it so much that I ordered another book by the same author on www.paperbackswap.com.
My rug about 1/2 way done and my new temple.

My napkins after I ironed them-can you see the mistake?
The End
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment