Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Santa ornament class

 Yesterday five wonderful women came to my house (Gail's) for a Santa ornament class. The ornament is shown below and it is about 6" in diameter. I copied some ideas from the net so you may have seen something like it already. The tree sprigs, center bow and Santa are stamps from Flourishes. We used Copics markers to color the Santa and bow. They were stamped with Memento black ink and the sprigs were stamped with Memories Hunter Green Ink. We used red liner tape, Tacky glue, Score tape and glue sticks in the construction. All the circles were cut from Spellbinder's Nestabilities and the Cuttlebug and attached with pop dots. The fluted circle is composed of two 3"x12" pieces of cardstock that I scored on Martha Stewart's Score Board and then they were accordion folded, stuck together end to end and then flattened into a fluted circle. The class only took 1-1/2 hour and everyone enjoyed it. 
I'm having issues with being able to write captions for the pictures so will just have to say that in the last picture you will see (left to right) my daughter Laurie, Amy, me (Gail), Charlotte, Mary and Diana.

Here are Diana and Amy working away with Laurie behind Amy.

I'm having issues with being able to write captions for the pictures so will just have to say that in this last picture you will see (left to right) my daughter Laurie, Amy, me (Gail), Charlotte, Mary and Diana.

No comments:

Post a Comment