Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Placemats

Placemats-waiting to be cut
I am on the computer when I should be upstairs cleaning for Thanksgiving. We are planning to have all our children and grandchildren here for the day. Hopefully the pass will be okay for my son from Seattle to make it home. Another thing that I should be doing is cutting apart some placemats that my husband wove. He wasn't happy with the results but I think that they will be okay. I need to cut, wash and  put some bias binding around the edges. It is from a pattern in an old Handwoven magazine. When I looked at the draft, it didn't appear to be the same as the picture in the magazine but I suggested to just make it according to the draft and to not worry if the pattern is a little different. What my husband did not like was that the design will be under the plate instead of along the side. If we ever make this pattern again, we will have to make some adjustments.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment