Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Warp and Bad Warp

I have started a new warp on my Hammett loom which went so smooth, wonderful. I warped it with some wool that I have had for a long time. Then I started weaving-this warp is going to be some IPad sleeves. My son got one for Christmas that his wife bought him that was just felted with a leather flap. As soon as I saw it, I thought I could make that but probably didn't need to felt it. So I am trying this warp and making a warp that is about 9 inches wide and 22 inches long. I really wanted to make it the wide way but didn't have enough warp. My other loom is waiting for me to double check the heddles because it has a problem that I have  to find before I start weaving, hence it is the bad warp.
My rug loom ready for the IPad sleeve weave.

This is my "cheat" sheet on my Gilmore loom. You can
see I have colored coded for a dark warp. Even with my cheat
sheet I have made a mistake somewhere. I have already added one
heddle to correct one mistake.

Bad Warp, bad, bad warp.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment