Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Same old

I am continuing with the scarf warp and have about 28 inches to go. I hope it is not too big since it should be about 72 inches total.  A few weeks ago I got a package that I had ordered from another weaver. It was a bobbin winder made from a sewing machine motor. It has a sewing machine pedal that controls the speed and I have been putting it to work on this warp. It is working very well. I have been looking at industrial sewing machines on E-bay and I am surprised that people are putting old Singer tread type machines as industrial machines. So instead of buying one, I may just use the old one that I have in the basement, I will have to do a good oiling on it but maybe it will sew my IPad sleeves and I won't have to use my newer machine. It is an electric machine but all metal.
Okay, I  rotated this in IPhoto but here it is
showing up sideways! 
I read Diana's list, but it looks like a lot of work. We haven't made our spring garden list yet but my husband has ordered some seeds. He has become very interested in growing some mushrooms and spent the day yesterday making agar. He is hoping to clone some mushrooms from the store. I will keep you posted on this.
Amyt

No comments:

Post a Comment