Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Did you plant your radishes too close?...take a cue from author Willi Galloway who was one of our speakers at our March Workshops.   Take a pair of scissors and snip off the tops to thin...do not try to pull as it will disturb the roots of the ones you want to keep.  Wash them and store them in a plastic bag and when you make your next grilled cheese sandwich, pile some on for a great crunch and a bit of a spicy bite.

I have been outside this morning and it is lovely and I am way behind in planting.   I bought a package of burpless cucumbers for $1.89 and when I opened it I had to look carefully to find them, so I counted....9 seeds!...Wow!   I am keeping track of how many they produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment