Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Friday, December 28, 2012

What is on the Loom?

Amanda's snowman
My husband's placemats, love the pattern, the color
not as much.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got everything they wanted! We had all our children and grandchildren here for dinner, a little game playing and of course the opening of the gifts. Then this morning my husband and I did a little running around,we had to buy food for the dogs, cats and for us too. And you could tell that the hops were being processed. The smell of hops is very distinctive and if you have ever lived near where they are grown, you know what I am talking about. I don't find it  an unpleasant smell. We have many hop ranches in our area and you would recognized the fields because they look like large support poles connected with wire throughout the field.
So what is on the looms-my husband has started some placemats. He is not so sure about the color (I am not so sure either) but he has already finished 4 with white yarn and is now working on a gold color. I have a scarf warp on my table loom, it has been there forever, but I am not worried about it. The scarf warp is one the I have set up to take to Project Warm-Up meeting. So I am not worried about doing everything here at home. I have also started another scarf warp on my Gilmore with bamboo yarn and my husband has been warping wool for wool rugs.
I also received a super cute ornament from Amanda www.weave-away.blogspot.com. She talks about her snowman weaving on her blog. And I got one! Thank you again Amanda, I love it.
This is a cotton warp and weft. 
Amy


1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the ornament and are enjoying it! :) The weaving is looking good, especially the purple. That is very nice!

    ReplyDelete