Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Babies

Mushroom babies not real babies. My husband has been raising mushrooms. We have already had dinner using some of them and they are still producing. They are pioppino mushrooms. He received his start from the Fungi Perfecti Co. out of Olympia Washington, www.fungi.com. On the weaving side, I have tied on to the shadow weave and have started a new scarf, this one is red and black. I have cut off the IPad sleeves but I haven't finished them yet. I am thinking of adding some leather for a closure, not sure about how I am going to do it. I have also received confirmation of a class that I am taking in October at  www.weaversschool.com. I am taking the beginning weaving course. I learned at college that no matter how good you think you are at something it is always better to take the beginners class. I am looking forward to going and expect that I will learn a lot. The big question is "can I weave all afternoon, without stopping." Most of the time when I weave, I weave a little, stop, weave a little, stop.You get the picture.
Shadow Weave, red and black

Pioppino Mushrooms

Cat, laying on a piece of woven wool in front of the
heat. He loves laying behind this chair. I thought
this was just an interesting pose.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment