Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Webster's definition

" A plant volunteer is a plant growing from self sown or accidentally dropped seed. "  See this little nasturtium?...looks very healthy and at the end of a kohlrabi row....but I didn't 'accidently
drop it......but I did have them growing nearby last year and I think this little guy wants to grow right there...but what to do....this is my experiment with small space growing....this plant will get big and take up too much room.......but since this plant is right inside the box I think I can train it to go outside the box....I love the flowers chopped with chives, and parsley and mixed into some butter for French bread....sounds good doesn't it?   It is very hard for any gardener to 'murder' a plant anyway.......more photos of the nasturtium later.


I have such a time with this site and I am sure it is me and not the site as Amy does so well....I had another photo on here showing how my little patch was growing and now I don't see it...perhaps I will when I click on 'publish'...........................This morning in our demo garden we had the first of many classes and this one was called Growing food in Small Spaces and I taught it and had 37 people there....good to see people wanting to grow good healthy food for their families...








No comments:

Post a Comment