Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Iris

When I was young there were a lot of flowers that I didn't care for....geraniums, poinsettas and iris to name three.....I still don't like poinsettas much....but as an old lady I find beauty in most growing things.....and by now I have quite a lot of iris and they are beautiful this year.  I posted a couple earlier and now another has bloomed out......the bad part about these iris is that I can't name them...I mean, the variety....are they bearded? Japanese? what?.....my favorite is the one in this photo...they have tall, thin stems and small, beautiful blooms....we have many in our demo garden and I have only three....but they sure are beautiful.  This year I am attending one of our summer classes where I will learn exactly what kind of iris I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment