Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sale Update

One of my finds-at Value Village-a felt hat kit for $9.99

This is what came in the kit-fiber, directions, a blow up
head for measuring and these two books-a good
buy-hoping I can try this this summer
Yes, I am still here. Last weekend my husband and I took our rugs and a few other things to a craft sale. It is the first time we have tried to sell any of our woven things. It was very busy and we were able to sell enough in the first 1/2 hour to pay for our booth. I talked to a lot of people who were interested in weaving. Since then we have had a woman bring us some wool and another woman who asked us to donate to two auctions. Actual it would have been nice if she had wanted to buy something instead of asking me to donate something, but I have donated things before and maybe someone will be interested in our weavings after seeing them. I was very tired by the time that the sale was over but we did do very well. I am still trying to finish a scarf from the tencel warp. After it is done, my husband has tied on to the scarf warp that he did before Christmas and I am going to weave a couple more scarves. I also have a scarf warp on my little Kombo that needs to be finished too. My husband is going to use the 8 shaft Gilmore and weave some kitchen towels. We ordered some cottolin from Paradise Fibers in Spokane, I ordered them in the morning on one day and they arrived the next day ! Love that Paradise Fibers, when I order I always try to order what they show that they have in stock.
Keep weaving, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment