Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Well, it happened

frost!!!...the squash, pumpkin, peppers and tomato plants are all a bit limp this morning...and basil is very sad.....but I watched the weather report and did some serious harvesting.   Yesterday I made some tomato sauce using basil, peppers and tomatoes from the garden so all did not go to waste.   I picked any tomatoes that had a smidge of color and brought them in.....and then there were the peppers...I froze some, bagged some for the refrigerator and then pawned them off on anyone I could think of.   They were so prolific this year and such beautiful colors.   I had bell, sweet yellow banana, pimentos and jalepenos.....

No comments:

Post a Comment