Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Towels

I have actually started the hemp and cotton towels. The warp is 50% hemp and 50% cotton. The weave is from " 8-Shaft Patterns" by Carol Strickler. It is called a half-waffle variant originally from "The
Weaving Book" by Helene Bress. It is on page 143 of the Strickler book, #517. The hemp is very stiff but should soften with a wash, if not I have made some table toppers and not towels!  I am keeping this short, because I am off to get the grandsons. We are going to a movie, have root beer floats and dinner out. They are staying here tonight.  We had them every day during the summer and I miss them now that school has started.

Happy Weaving,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment