Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Random Things

My husband's garden is looking good! We have eaten peas, red raspberries and now the broccoli is producing. We have had some for dinner and even enough for freezing. 
I started warping a cream color wool yarn that I got from Paradise Fibers www.paradisefibers.com and boy does it have a twist. It has so much twist that I am having a time of it just getting it warped and when I take it off the warping board it wants to twist unto itself. Since I am not an experienced weaver and I have never spun anything, I am not sure about this twist. It is twisted this much to add strength to the yarn? Or just to drive me crazy. With this wool I wanted to use some wool selvedges that a friend's daughter brought back from Pendleton Woolen Mills. I think I will try to sew a zig zag stitch down the center of the selvedges, to try to keep them from shedding.
Yesterday we went to Value Villiage and I found a potholder loom with the loops that never had been opened. I hope that my 8 year old grandson might like to weave. I am not sure that the 5 year old will be able to do it, but we will be giving it a try today.
Happy Weaving,
Fresh from the garden

 Potholder loom-a 'blast for the past"

It has never been opened!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment