Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring has Sprung

"Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is."Ogden Nash....but the flowers are coming....it is beautiful here in our valley today and a perfect day to be out there doing, but I don't hold up so long and have to take frequent breaks and on one of them have to have some Aleve.   This morning I prepared a bed to plant a 'mass' of spinach....so much that I can take a big armload to the local food bank....I have made a pledge to myself to do more for others this year...I have this need to dig in the dirt and we can't eat it all...so instead of doing less, I am planting more and sharing.   Hope if you are reading this you will do the same......I also installed 2 birdhouse this morning to go along with the many I already have...these were 2 that were left here from our reunion last summer...Phil brought all the 'fixins' and so many made houses, but 2 got left behind and now will become nurseries here.    Hope my photos, if I am successful, inspire you to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment