Writings from 3 sisters, who love to garden, do scrapbooking, fiber arts and sometimes have an opinion.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dyeing update

I was able to dye 2 batches of green yesterday. One color is called "grasshopper" and the other was "forest green." The forest green looks a little blue and I didn't get all the dye on to the wool as you can see with the white spots. But I don't think it will matter since I am hoping to make some felted purses. We have had several days of wind, the reason that my wool is drying in the garage. Hopefully we can get more carded so I can start felting. I also need to research how to make or put on handles on the purses. I know if I was knitting a purse to felt I would make an I-cord but I am unsure what to do for just felting, so will need to find some you-tube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment